#arealboyfriend is currently top trend on Twitter and has been for sometime now. Yes, that’s right, “A Real Boyfriend”…instead of an imaginary one of course. Although *some* trends (including this one) can be a little immature, there were a few tweets which, I thought could be used to help define a good boyfriend. I’m going to replace the word “real” with “good” for the reason above!
Guys take note, here’s some top tips on how to be a real *ahem* good boyfriend.
#arealboyfriend doesn’t cheat on his girlfriend. In fact, he doesn’t even get tempted to.”
#arealboyfriend is one of the most stupid top trends to exist” – ……..Probably due to the reason I mentioned above!
#arealboyfriend makes mistakes and learns from them.”
#arealboyfriend is someone you can trust.”
#arealboyfriend would pay his girlfriend compliments when she has made an effort to look nice.”
- “there are a few about, you’ve got to kiss a few frogs before you get the prince.
#arealboyfriend makes time for his girlfriend.”
#arealboyfriend doesn’t try and make you jealous.”
#arealboyfriend respects that you need time to spend with family and friends. It’s not just about him.
#arealboyfriend Introduces you to his friends.”
Haven’t you heard, it’s National Kissing Day today! Stop what you’re doing, grab the nearest person and plant a great big smacker on their lips.
Actually don’t. This could be awkward – especially if you’re in the workplace! We couldn’t figure out what National Kissing Day means and how to celebrate it appropriately is beyond us. So, instead we have decided to offer you a bunch of interesting kissing facts instead.
Did you know?
- The science of kissing is called “philematology.”
- Lips are more sensitive than the tips of fingers.. 100 times more sensitive in fact.
- The most important muscle in kissing is called the “orbicularis oris” and allows your lips to “pucker.”
- “Kiss” is from the Old English cyssan from the proto-Germanic kussijanan or kuss, which is probably based on the sound kissing can make.
- Common Chimpanzees kiss with open mouths, but not with their tongues. Bonobos, the most intelligent of primates, kiss with tongues!
- The first on-screen kiss was shot in 1896 by the Edison Company. Titled The May Irwin-John C. Rice Kiss, the film was 30 seconds long and consisted entirely of a man and a woman kissing close up.
- Although many men and women consider it childish, more than 95% of them occasionally like to rub noses while kissing.
- “X”s at the end of a correspondence letter represent the contact of the lips during a kiss.
- The average person spends 336 hours of his or her life kissing.
- Kissing is good for you. Research shows that smooching improves our skin, helps circulation, prevents tooth decay, and can even relieve headaches
We are Twitter addicts – you can always find us ‘tweeting’ about something or other. From dating advice and dating chat to the fun stuff that makes us chuckle at the plenty more towers. Fancy a natter? Tweet us @plentymorefish (surprisingly ;))
So, we couldn’t help noticing todays top trend; #whyimsingle and we thought we’d publish the most popular reasons which apparently, keep you single!
Have a read and hear what we’ve got to say:
I’m sick of the rollercoaster relationships, I want a honest, straightforward, real one, no games, no lies #whyimsingle
– We couldn’t agree more! People who like to play games or “players” as they’re known as, quite frankly, don’t deserve your time. Plenty more fish in the sea!
Found out the hard way that guys don’t like being poked on facebook every day. #whyimsingle
– Yup, probably true. What does a Facebook ‘poke’ even mean? A little bit concerned that you’re using plurals here…how many guys are you ‘poking?’ Stop it..seriously.
#whyimsingle because I can’t date food, my bed, my celebrity crush, the Internet, Twitter or Tumblr. So… forever alone.
– Hmm. We would love to help but I think this is out of our hands.
I’m mentally dating a celeb and that’s #whyimsingle ! *Shrug*
– Does the celeb in question know?
#whyimsingle ‘If you don’t love yourself, how can you love someone else?’ I’m still working on the first part
– We like this one. Very true indeed. We think you need to be happy with yourself and have a clear head before you go looking for anyone else.
#whyimsingle I fall for the wrong people. I don’t want to get my heart broken anymore
– Not everyone is the same you know. Be careful not to tar everyone with the same brush. If you go into a relationship with negativity, what do you expect?
#whyimsingle Because I’m waiting on someone to find me
– Hmm. Maybe that ‘someone’ is waiting for somebody to find them too. Our advice: get out there and start looking.
We’ve got to say, a lot of you seem to be very negative about being single. Even though we are a dating site, we don’t think being single should be seen in this light. I mean, going into a relationship before you’re ready is probably the worst thing you can do. Enjoy your single life, take time to think all about you and about what you want and most of all – have fun!
If you’re on Twitter you’ll notice that “Best Relationship Matches” is one of the top trends and has been for some time. We have been busy mooching through a load of your tweets and picked the most popular matches as told by you.
Have a look and see if you agree!
Do you agree? Have the twitterers missed anyone out? Let us know!
So you’re on a date in a restaurant and it’s going brilliantly, there’s an instant attraction and you know that it’s mutual. Oh wait….what’s that sound?… It’s the sound of your date chomping on their food with their mouth wide open whilst talking- Oh no! It’s an instant turn off and all you want to do is go home!
As “mood killer” is a top trend on Twitter, I have spent this afternoon badgering the Plenty More Fish Team to find out what they think are the biggest mood killers on a first date. They have come up with some interesting answers to say the least…I hope most of these have never happened / will never happen on a date! So here’s what the folk at the Plenty More Towers reckon would turn them right off.
- Sloppy language. Using words such as “innit” and “ain’t.” We ain’t really feelin’ that.
- Text talk. Using text talk in your messages before or after (hopefully not during) the date. “CUL8R”, “KTHXBAI.” Not attractive. Just don’t do it.
- Inappropriate touching. There should a limit to touching on a first date. A graze of the arm or a hand on the back is absolutely fine and shows you are interested. A squeeze of the thigh or an unexpected smack on the bum is TOO FAR.
- Over checking your phone. It looks rude and can make you look quite nervous. All your attention should be on your date…well that’s what you’re there for isn’t it? – to date.
- I shouldn’t have to say this but burping and/or farting I don’t even need to justify this with an answer. I just hope no one has actually ever done it!
- Eating like an animal. Take your time, use your knife and fork and just remember your manners. Definitely don’t lick your plate!
- Mentioning your ex. It’s the first date, ex’s should not be brought up- it just makes the other person think you’re not over them and definitely not ready to date. Turn off.
- Bad jokes. Any joke you know may cause offence or is not really that funny should not make an appearance on a first date. It may create a awkward silence and a massive tumble weed situation. Just don’t put yourself/ the other person through it!