5 tips to mend a broken heart
We’ve all been there; to your knowledge everything is going great, you have a laugh, you get on amazingly well, all your friends say you’re ‘made’ for eachother and then…BOOM.
Out of nowhere you’re world crashes down.
Apparently these feelings are not reciprocated like you thought they were and you’re left thinking; “Did I even know them at all?”
Sound all too familiar? Well here are our top 5 tips for getting over a relationship.
- Time. You’ve probably heard this a million times but I’ll tell you a million times more…time is a great healer. It’ll take time to find yourself again and as much as it may suck at the moment, it’ll get better. Ideally, time without any contact with the person in question will see you getting over them quicker however, if this isn’t possible then try to have as little contact as possible. It could take months, it may even take years but just know it’ll get easier and at the end of this you will be a much stronger person.
- Have some you time! Pamper yourself, go out with the girls’/ spend some time with the lads! You have yourself to worry about now, not them. Just use this time to do whatever you want.
- Keep yourself busy. Similar to the above but do that “thing” you’ve always wanted to do. You’ve always wanted to learn French so, go to that French class! Fancy learning Salsa or Ceroc? Never a better time. The busier you are, the less time you’ll have to spend thinking about them.
- Figure out what it is that you want. What do you want from your next relationship? This question is relevant after you’ve given yourself enough time to heal, have a clear head and feel ready to think about the future. What qualities do you like in a person and what are the personality traits that really bother you? It’s all about learning from your mistakes and making sure you avoid making them in your next relationship.
- Get out there! Once you feel ready, jump back in that dating pool! Only once you’re ready though. It’s not fair to go out on rebound and it will always leave you in a messy situation…
Plenty More Fish 🙂