First date mood killers
So you’re on a date in a restaurant and it’s going brilliantly, there’s an instant attraction and you know that it’s mutual. Oh wait….what’s that sound?… It’s the sound of your date chomping on their food with their mouth wide open whilst talking- Oh no! It’s an instant turn off and all you want to do is go home!
As “mood killer” is a top trend on Twitter, I have spent this afternoon badgering the Plenty More Fish Team to find out what they think are the biggest mood killers on a first date. They have come up with some interesting answers to say the least…I hope most of these have never happened / will never happen on a date! So here’s what the folk at the Plenty More Towers reckon would turn them right off.
- Sloppy language. Using words such as “innit” and “ain’t.” We ain’t really feelin’ that.
- Text talk. Using text talk in your messages before or after (hopefully not during) the date. “CUL8R”, “KTHXBAI.” Not attractive. Just don’t do it.
- Inappropriate touching. There should a limit to touching on a first date. A graze of the arm or a hand on the back is absolutely fine and shows you are interested. A squeeze of the thigh or an unexpected smack on the bum is TOO FAR.
- Over checking your phone. It looks rude and can make you look quite nervous. All your attention should be on your date…well that’s what you’re there for isn’t it? – to date.
- I shouldn’t have to say this but burping and/or farting I don’t even need to justify this with an answer. I just hope no one has actually ever done it!
- Eating like an animal. Take your time, use your knife and fork and just remember your manners. Definitely don’t lick your plate!
- Mentioning your ex. It’s the first date, ex’s should not be brought up- it just makes the other person think you’re not over them and definitely not ready to date. Turn off.
- Bad jokes. Any joke you know may cause offence or is not really that funny should not make an appearance on a first date. It may create a awkward silence and a massive tumble weed situation. Just don’t put yourself/ the other person through it!