Flirting online is quite different from flirting in a bar; mainly down to the fact that you cannot read peoples expressions or hear their tone of voice. This makes it very difficult to tell whether a person is being sarcastic or genuine. Emoticons are perfect for these kind of situations (e.g. a cheeky 😉 will let the other person know that you’re being sarcastic)
Other than the “biggy” mentioned above, there are a couple of other e-flirting tips our dating experts think are important and have made a “Do” and “Don’t” list for you. Simples!
- Keep your messages friendly, funny and flattering rather than too “deep.”
- Encourage the other person to converse through the content in your message
- Be polite at all times
- Send overly cheesy, suggestive or apologetic messages
- Reveal too much. Leave some information to the imagination.
- Try and meet up straight away.
Don’t worry if you don’t receive a reply to your dating message. Remember, it’s important not to take things too personally when dating online! There’s always plenty more fish! 🙂